Thursday, March 22, 2012

This too shall pass...


This too shall pass. At least that is what I keep telling myself. This past week has been a daunting one. I am starting to feel overwhelmed, and trust me, that is not a word that is easy for me to say. As I mentioned before, I have a Superwoman complex. I always take on more than I should and sometimes feel the stress of it all. But this is different. On top of my normally overbooked schedule, I have been making major lifestyle changes, I have just turned another year older, and I am going down a very bumpy road in my personal life. It is almost more than I can deal with.

But this is not about the obstacles in my life . This is about navigating through them and moving on. There was a time in my life, when I was much younger, that I would have long ago thrown my hands up in the air and cried in defeat. But that was a lifetime ago, and I was an inexperienced young woman back then. I have since learned that letting myself get down emotionally is not an option I want to chose, so I have taught myself to just tuck and roll. When the ride is over, I pick myself up, brush myself off and keep on going. I have come to realise that if you have a plan, determination, and faith that everything will eventually be alright, you can get through most anything. A good support system always helps too.

I am having a difficulty dealing with everything this time though. My normal coping skills are not enough, so I am giving myself a kick in the pants. Kind of like an emotional jump start. I have my plans in place and my fabulous support system, but I just need the extra willpower to get my determination going. I have my eye on the prize, but I need to have more faith to help me get there. If anyone else is having a rough time and  needs a kick, consider this yours too. I know I’m not the only one fighting an uphill battle right now, so lets do this together. If you are feeling like me in needing a boost, join me, and let’s decide now that no matter how hard the struggles, no matter what hurdles are in our path, we will not give in to desperation. We will stand strong, knowing that we are not alone, and that this too shall pass. I’m just sayin’.

2 comments:

  1. Jenn I've been reading your blogs since you started them and all I can tell you is it just proves what a fab woman you are. I love you lady keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You are my first comment, I'm so excited. :)

      Delete