Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, step right up and catch a peek of the Amazing Juggling Jennifer! Watch as she balances all the issues in the daily life of a stay at home mom. She will astonish you as she piles more and more on. Husband, kids, health, home... You name it , she’s juggling it. Just when you think she is maxed out, she will shock you with how much more she tosses into the mix, and always with a smile on her face. I tell you what folks, this little lady has more on her plate than a hungry man at an all you can eat buffet, yet she never misses a beat! How does she do it?

Yes, this is me. I am the one who takes everything on. I spend my life stretched too thin, but somehow, I always seem to manage. To most normal people I’m sure this sounds like total chaos or  complete madness. It’s probably both, but that’s my life, and that is how I like it. I know no other way to be. That is until now. If you read last week’s article written by my dear friend Jessica, then you know I have been forcibly slowed down due to medical issues. To say I have slowed down isn’t quite accurate. I have come to a dead halt. Completely. I recently underwent surgery, and though recovery is going well, for an on the go person like me, this is torture! Not only has my daily activities stopped, but as I mentioned before, we are moving. So as I sat on my behind, I watched as everyone around me worked like mad to move our household having no hand in it at all. I wasn’t allowed to lift a finger. Some might think that is bliss, but for a control freak like me who has to be actively involved in everything, it has surely been one of Dante’s levels of Hell. A crueler fate I cannot imagine.

The move is mostly completed. I must say it went well, even without my help. Though the recovery is not going as quickly as I want, it is going as it should. It’s hard, but I realise that I need to temporarily hang up my title of Amazing Juggling Jennifer. I’m not doing much of anything right now, let alone juggling daily activities. But I know that it’s only temporary. I will be back, and I’ll be better than ever. So keep your eyes open for my next performance. My comeback is sure to be a showstopper. Just sayin’.

No comments:

Post a Comment