Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Introduction


A few days ago I got a call from a dear friend of mine asking me if I would be interested in writing an article for her newspaper. Then I could start a blog to go along with the article so friends and family from all over can read it also. After my initial reaction of panic, I decided that I should go for it. Then came more panic... what to write about. I have a lot to say about a lot of things, just ask my husband, but what do I narrow it down to? How will I know what other people will want to read? That’s when I realized I was getting ahead of myself. Before I start ranting about every little thing, and rambling about day to day life, I should introduce myself. Tell you a little about me and my life.

I am a stay at home mom. I have a seventeen year old son. I never knew you could love someone so much, and want boot them in the head all at the same time. Add to that, my preteen eleven year old daughter who has just hit puberty. She is the light of my life... when I’m not wishing I could throttle her. My husband and I are best friends. We have had our ups and downs like everyone else. We got married young and have grown up together. There is no one I would rather be in the trenches with than him. Together with our three pugs, a Siamese cat and one mentally challenged pet rat, we are quite the family.

So now that I have given a little background on myself, I think I am ready. I am ready to write about other things. To rant about the injustices in the world. To prattle on about our day to day lives. I’m just sayin, I’m ready... I sure hope you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment